Than seeing the desperate White man with the under-aged native girl in Thailand!?
Ok, granted there may be a FEW exceptions out of the trillions a year, like everything else, that may indeed be (TRUE LOVE).. White man goes to Asia for vacation, and falls in love with a local and they live happily ever after.
Every other case is simply REPULSIVE. Vomitous. From seeing these lone males travel from thousands of miles away to Thailand (there are other countries with high Sex Trafficking.. but here among the highest) wander around the night markets, to seeing them enter strip clubs of underaged females, to seeing them taking them back to their hotel’s.. for ridiculously low prices. 20$ average.
I’ve also seen many of them at airports, leaving or arriving from some nearby resort destination with their thai girl (you can tell these girls are natives.. either prostitutes, escorts by their attire.. or maybe just normal girls there for a good time). They stand besides each other awkwardly, with nothing to talk about. The girl shows affection once in awhile to the man to gain attention, the man awkwardly replies (there are no smooth ones that know how to react, because if they were smooth, they wouldn’t be there paying for a girl).
Ok, maybe I’m being too harsh. Because To each it’s own right? Let bygones be bygones? But it’s an ongoing issue and discussion among many individuals, whether they are Thai-Americans who travel back, or anybody traveling to these destinations and seeing it with their own eyes. Many men here may even be married. Yes, there are local Thai business men that exploit their own women. There are many reports on CNN, etc on the high sex trafficking in Thailand and many other countries. And there are many different factors to it that are way more complicated to resolve than we think.
1) Tourism has brought Thailand MUCH money throughout the years. The beautiful beaches, cheap shopping, great food..
2) & Sex Tourism – strip clubs, brothels, lady boy shows, ‘massage parlors’ w happy endings, cheap child prostitutes… LOTS OF MONEY, poured into the Thai Economy.. esp from Western males that come here and spend 1/5 of what they’d need to back in their home country for a whole package with these girls. Ask for a menu and they’ll show it to you happily.
3) Many poor families have no choice but to send (or sell) their young daughters to this field. Sad reality.
4) Some girls find it the easiest way to make money (but that goes the same everywhere, developed country or not.)
5) The most common religion – Buddhism, not to say that it allows it.. but does not address such actions as STRICT and THREATENING (in this life, and afterlife) as other religions of the world – Judaism & it’s branches.
There are so many more factors to it. Maybe some of these Thai girls find it empowering, as other girls do, paid or not, to get attention from men in this manner. Some girls want a green card, so if they succeed in getting these guys to fall in love with them, they may have the ‘better life’ they had dreamt of abroad.
And then there’s always that other common discussion of men & Asian fetishes.. How they perceive Asian women in Bed & as Wives VS Western women. Once again, To each it’s own. I’d just wish these men would go for women over 18. And as a punishment, there’s a very high chance these prostitutes are men. Good luck hunting boys.